Eligibility for 2-year-olds

Your 2-year-old can get free early education and childcare if you get one of the following:

Income Support
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
Universal Credit
Tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)


Good for your Child


Children learn through play. Having a free place in an exciting, enjoyable and secure environment could give your two year old the best possible start in life.

That’s 15 hours a week of playing, painting, reading, cooking, climbing, singing, dancing, dressing up, running around, building, gardening, or whatever they like doing. But most of all, your child is learning!


Good for you

That’s also 15 hours a week for you – giving you the chance to work, take up some training, education or studying. You can get advice and support through your local children’s centre.

Or just to have a break and get stuff done at home.


The date you can claim your free place will depend on when your child’s birthday is.

Child’s birthday​ When you can claim​
1 January - 31 March​ ​The beginning of term on or after 1 April
​1 April - 31 August ​The beginning of term on or after 1 September
​1 September - 31 December ​The beginning of term on or after 1 January


Please get in contact with us if you are interested, we will offer you a form to fill out and send off to see if your child is eligible for the funding.

© Copyright 2016–2022 Downside Children's Preschool

School & College Websites by Schudio